Content of the user instruction
The requirements on user instructions are specified in EN ISO 13688. Furthermore, the PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425 gives requirements on user instructions.
The following is thereby applicable:
- The user instructions must be written in at least (one of) the official language(s) of the state of destination;
- Bear the name, trade name or other means of identification of the manufacturer or his authorized representative;
- Equipped with the indication of the product type, commercial name or code that the user instruction relates;
- Pictograms and performance levels if specified in the relevant product standard (s), including the indication of this product standard (s) and version;
- Provided with an explanation of the icons and performance levels;
- Equipped with operating, maintenance and cleaning instructions if relevant, including:
- product checks prior to use;
- Instructions relating to the intended use and any limitations;
- instructions for storage and maintenance;
- washing and decontamination instructions including the maximum number of cleaning cycles if any.;
- warnings regarding contamination, improper use, improper cleaning, etc .;
- the use of associated items in order to achieve the desired protection;
- how aging or performance degradation can be recognized and what factors affect the protection;
- details of any repairs;
- information about recycling and disposal.
Note: This information is largely similar to the information in EN ISO 13688: 2013, but is not an exact representation.