EU type examination certification for protective clothing22-01-2020 | PPE regulation
Category 2 and 3 protective clothing, like other personal protective equipment (PPE), must undergo an EU type examination before it can be placed on the market for the first time.
These EU type examinations are carried out by notified bodies. However, coming into force of the new PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425 has led to an enormous increase in workload for these notified bodies, with the undesirable effect that the handling time has risen to the maximum permitted by law (12 months).
It is clear that this leads to unworkable situations for the product development activities at manufacturers and suppliers of PPE.
The correct choice of the notified body is therefore of great importance. As a service provider in the certification of protective clothing, Clearmark / Vaassen Textile Consultancy now plays an extremely important role. Thanks to our excellent network and contacts with various notified bodies and our associated services, we are able to considerably reduce the handling time for CE certifications.
For our clients such as manufacturers and importers of protective clothing, we perform the legally required technical and administrative work on their behalf and thus ensure rapid approval by the notified body.
These activities include:
1. preparation of the technical construction file.
2. assessing and advising on and with the clothing design.
3. independently designing protective clothing.
4. preparation and execution of test programs.
5. compiling marking and user information including all needed translations.
6. supervising the applications for EU type approval at notified bodies.
7. advise on production supervision for category 3 products.
8. the above-mentioned activities for category 1 products.
9. providing in-company training.
For further on our website click here.